Finally coming into the 21st century (a few years late), I’ve decided to try my hand at blogging. I suppose the above quote, and the title which was inspired by it, defines the overall purpose of this site. Since reading Jim Elliot’s journal in college, the quote has always stood out to me. There is something about it which is inspiring and challenging. It attracts me to it, and causes me to want to ask the same that Jim asked of himself.
There are a number of specific themes that resonate with me—themes or issues for which I’d like to be that fork in the road when I come across them or when they come to me in my own life: faith in the workplace, politics and faith, culture and faith, the intelligence of faith. These are things I regularly struggle with/through, and I hope to use this space to simply reflect more on those issues.
In the end, I hope for myself, and for everyone who calls themselves a believer, that we will be more than just a simple, passing milepost along the road of life. Rather, let us be forks, intersections, where people are so compelled by the genuineness of what they see and hear that they simply cannot continue to think about faith in the same way they always have.
Sunday, November 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Welcome to bloggerdom Mr. C!
"Rather, let us be forks, intersections, where people are so compelled by the genuineness of what they see and hear that they simply cannot continue to think about faith in the same way they always have."
I love this quote Nathan! It takes the pressure off to change others' lives and brings the focus to making sure we are where God wants us to be in our own lives. I look forward to reading more of your reflections!
Thanks for the comments, Kim. I'm not sure where this will go, but I'm looking forward to it.
i echo kim's welcome - i hope you enjoy it as much as i do. i've already enjoyed your posts. blessings, carmen
Post a Comment